Registration for Myth Singers 2022-23 is closed, with all places taken.
Roundhouse members get priority access to booking. Join the Roundhouse or sign up for our mailing list to hear about enrolment first. Spaces extremely limited.
Myth Singers: A Celtic Storytelling Apprenticeship with Daniel Allison
So you’ve taken a look at the Roundhouse. You can see that it’s easily the most comprehensive storytelling training package available, and incredibly good value too. But you might be thinking…
I need more.
Perhaps you struggle with public speaking and could do with extra encouragement and group support on your journey.
Perhaps you just know that storytelling is your path. You want to get as good as you possibly can, as fast as you possibly can.
Perhaps you want to explore both how to tell stories and how to explore the deeper layers of stories.
Perhaps you struggle with self-directed learning and you need to work directly with a teacher to stay motivated.
Does this sound like you?
If so, I have a solution for you. There’s a way for you to get all the benefits of Roundhouse membership PLUS regular coaching sessions with me and a small group of apprentices.
Celtic Storytelling Apprenticeship Program
The Beginner's Course
My Year 1 Coaching Program is designed to take you from the very beginning of your journey to the point where you can comfortably entertain an audience with an hour-long set of Celtic stories.
Along the way, we’ll cover the fundamentals of storytelling, study the key Celtic traditions and explore both the art of telling and the hidden depths within the stories we tell.
- learn a new story each month
- acquire a solid foundational understanding of Scottish, Irish and Welsh myth & folklore
- receive two 1-2-1 coaching sessions and ongoing close, personal guidance from me
- get to know your own tastes and storytelling style
- learn techniques for telling to both adults and children
- do your own research into myth & folklore
- partake in webinars with carefully picked Irish and Welsh tradition-bearers
- steadily grow in confidence as the course progresses
- get to know the archetypes that live within stories and how they show up in your own life
- enjoy access to Roundhouse events including monthly story shares, immersion sessions and guest webinars
- stay in close contact with your group and support one another
- experience the joy of watching your course-mates progress alongside you!
On this course we will explore the following modules:
- Connecting to Stories
- Storytelling Fundamentals
- Scottish Myth & Folklore
- Welsh Myth & Folklore
- Irish Myth & Folklore
- Group Performance
- Solo Performance
The stories we study will gradually build in complexity as the year progresses.
This structure is flexible; you are free to divert from the syllabus at times if other stories are speaking to you.
How it Works
We meet on Zoom twice per month. Meetings last 2.5 hrs. Some sessions will focus on storytelling skills, while others will focus on your personal relationship with the story you are working with, or on your progress on your overall storytelling journey.
The course lasts for 12 months, from 31st October 2022 until 31st October 2023. We begin and end our journey by passing through the gateway of Samhain, the ancient Celtic new year.
We will usually meet on the first and third Tuesday of the month, 7pm UK time.
During the final 2 months, the group will put together an online storytelling event in which you will all tell a story to finish off the year and celebrate your hard work.
You will also receive guidance during this time on putting together your own event. This could be in person or online; it could be ticketed or you could just invite a few close friends round for an evening of stories at your home. There’s no pressure. We will figure out together what the right challenge is for you.
A 1-2-1 coaching session to help prepare for the solo event (and another at the halfway point) are included in the course package.
‘You really are the best coach ever, I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing, transformational year this has been and what the coaching has meant to me. Every single session has been such a joy and I'm so, so very grateful that you decided to share your wisdom with us. Thank you for launching Myth Singers, for being so unbelieveably supportive, for passing the torch and for helping me to look beyond the veil. I can't wait to see what year two will bring!’
Kirsten Milliken, Scotland
The cost is $1500. This will increase next year. It is important that you can commit to the whole year.
This price includes:
- 2 x group coaching sessions per month
- full access to the Roundhouse including all modules, webinars, story shares, the community and the resource library
- access to Scottish Myths & Legends 101, the most in-depth online course on Scottish folklore available
- 2 x 1-2-1 coaching sessions
- private group message board
- close, personal guidance on your journey from the author of Scottish Myths & Legends, Finn & The Fianna and several upcoming retellings of Irish mythology and The Mabinogion.
Here's What People Are Saying...
How to Join
To apply, contact me using the form below. We’ll schedule a call where we can meet, go through any questions you may have and see if it feels like a good fit.
This is the last Year One group I will take on this year. Spaces are extremely limited (Roundhouse members get priority booking) and the price will go up in 2023. If you’re keen to join, act now!
'You really are the best coach ever'
Kirsten Milliken, Professional Storyteller (after one year of coaching!)